Monday, March 21, 2011

Thoughts on Health

Greetings!

I've been asked by Christine Francis to be a part of the Del Mar RS Health & Wellness blog and I'm excited. Here's a little bit about me and what I hope to add to the blog. I have been a Registered Nurse (RN) for 27 years, with a strong clinical background in critical care and emergency services. I have a passion for women's health -- in particular, increasing our awareness and commitment to heart health and stroke prevention. I am NOT a physician -- and will alwaysalwaysalways encourage you to talk with your doctor about your health issues (hmmmm....maybe you don't have your own internist. More on that later.) But if you've got general questions on health issues or wondering where to go to get more information, send me a comment! And in the meantime, I'll post Pearls of Positivity or Magical Medical Moments or something like that just to encourage each of us on our journey to improved health and wellbeing.

A little more about me.....I'm a single mom with a wonderful almost-21 years old daughter who is in her 3rd year at BYU. I'm part of the Carmel Valley Ward, serving for the first time as Primary Chorister (what an adventure).....love to read, garden (current passion -- succulents), play the piano and go to fabric stores. Recently legitimized my love of fabric by taking a quilting class from Christine Francis.....so can talk about my fabric stash with pride. I'm also in school -- pursuing my MBA with an emphasis in Healthcare Management. Life is good.

Vicki

No comments:

Post a Comment