Sunday, January 13, 2013

Woman's Wellness Group January 2013



January 2013

Thanks to Becky Greer for a great presentation on Nutrition this month!  A fabulous way to start out the year.  I have to admit that I was quite surprised by her list of the "3 bad guys" in our diet:  1.  carbonation  2. white flour and 3. sugar.  I would have guessed sugar to be at the top of the list, but evidently white flour turns to glucose faster than sugar.  And carbonation is our Number One enemy -- So there you go!  Becky helped us learn how important enzymes are to our health.  You can read more about how to do that naturally by reading the following article on line:  (Thank you Jenny Carter for that reference)  http://www.livestrong.com/article/409333-how-to-increase-digestive-enzymes/

We look forward to our April Woman's Wellness group to hear again from Becky.  Bring your notebooks.

Some of the wellness information shared in January:   1.  Pick up the great healthy habit of walking.  JUST WALK!  2.  Try to plan your food for the week ahead.  Shop and prepare not only for healthy meals, but food that will be easy to grab and eat if you get hungry.  You can certainly have soup or a healthy salad as a snack.  This way you can have an alternative to grabbing the carbs and sugars.

Don't forget that we will be using our 10-10:30 time slot of our meetings to discuss the latest wellness information that each of you can offer to the group.  Please share anything that you have learned in the past month that might help someone else in the group in regards to wellness.  We will also be taking 15 of those minutes to discuss a chapter in the book "Light in the Wilderness" by M. Catherine Thomas.  This will be to aid in our spiritual health journey.  February's assignment will be to read the introduction.

Next month (February 7th from 10-12 at Sherry Week's Home) we will be privileged to have our very own Genie Reed come and speak to us on the topic:  "The Brilliant Synergy of Mindful Movement."  Now doesn't that sound stimulating!!  More information to come.  Put it on your calendar.


IF YOU WANT TO HAVE A WEEKLY WELLNESS MESSAGE . . . Thanks to Jill Wright, I have become acquainted with Dr. Ben Kim.  He lives in Canada.  He is a chiropractor and acupuncturist.  He gives me good insight into healthier habits.  If you would be interested in his free weekly newsletter, I would highly recommend it.  I don't agree with everything he writes, but he reminds me on weekly basis of the healthy journey I want to be on.  I like that he doesn't push his own line of products, but gives you good sound advice on using what you have in your own home, and what is  conveniently available to you to treat your own health issues in natural ways.  He always provides a great recipe and sometimes that's all I want for the week.  I am going to post some of his most recent recipes.  Take a look, if you would like, at his website:  http://drbenkim.com

Have a healthy journey this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment