Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Bad Brain Habits

Brain Health:

The characteristic of a magnificent mind include: personal responsibilities, clear goals, good attention, consistent, effort, effective social skills, impulse control, motivation, integrity and creativity. These are all brain functions

Let’s see how healthy your brain is:

Rate each question on a scale of 0 to 4
0 = Never
1=Rarely
2= Occasionally
3=Freqently
4=Very Frequently
NA =Not Applicable

1. My diet is poor and tends to be haphazard
2. I do not exercise
3. I put myself at risk for brain injuries by doing such things as not wearing my seat belt, drinking and driving, engaging in high risk sports, and so on.
4. I live under daily or chronic stress, in my home or work life.
5. My thoughts tend to be negative, worried, or angry
6. I have problems getting at least 6-7 hours of sleep at night.
7. I smoke or am exposed to secondhand smoke.
8. I drink or consume more than two normal-sized (8 oz) cups of coffee, tea, or dark sodas a day.
9. I use aspartame and/or MSG
10. I am around environmental toxins, such as paint fumes, hair or nail salon fumes, or pesticides
11. I spend more than one hour a day watching TV.
12. I spend more than one hour a day playing computer or video games
13. Outside of work time, I spend more than one hour a day on the computer.
14. I have more than three normal-sied drinks of alcohol (I oz. of beer or wine or 1 oz. of hard liquor) a week.
0-6 Great brain habits
7-12 Really good; work to be better
13-20 Fair; you are prematurely aging your brain
Over 20 Poor; time to be very concerned

No comments:

Post a Comment