Since the wellness and fitness forum, I have been curious as to what the developmental tasks are for children. Sister Hamson briefly touched on this subject and I have been curious as to what stages my children are in. I think that finding out what their psychosocial needs will help me better teach and discipline them. SO, I decided to go to trusty GOOGLE to find out more! It brought me to this wikipedia site:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erikson%27s_stages_of_psychosocial_development
As I was reading through it, I thought it could be helpful to all of you.
Briefly, I will tell you Erik Erikson's eight stages of psychosocial development but if you want to know more I would recommend going to the website above (or another trusted website or book!).
Ages O-1: Hope - Trust vs. Mistrust
Ages 2-3: Will - Autonomy vs. Shame and Doubt, "Can I do things myself or must I always rely on others?"
Ages 3-5: Purpose - Initiative vs. Guilt, "Am I good or am I bad?"
Ages 6-11: Competence - Industry vs. Inferiority, "How can I be good?"
Ages 12-19: Fidelity - Identity vs. Role Confusion, "Who am I and where am I going?"
Ages 20-40: Love - Intimacy vs. Isolation, "Am I loved and wanted?" or "Shall I share my life with someone or live alone?"
Ages 45-65: Care - Generativity vs. Stagnation, "Will I produce something of real value?"
Ages 65+: Wisdom - Ego Integrity vs. Despair, "Have I lived a full life?"
It was really interesting reading about each stage in more detail. Now, the task is for me to implement this knowledge when I am with my children!
No comments:
Post a Comment